QA Test Engineer
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
S/he is responsible for testing and verifying the accuracy of all modifications for existing systems and any new system being implemented. The Test Automation Engineer will clearly be able to communicate defects and test status to Management and Project Staff. They will work out of the Dallas office.
They are committed to team success and excellence in their work. Enjoys driving solution implementations and working with project team members using Agile and iteration based-SDLC methodologies.
Key Accountabilities (Prioritized)
1. Ensures all enhancements and new systems are implemented in accordance with their associated requirements and estimates testing time requirements.
2. Develops and executes detailed test cases to support testing requirements as needed for system and regression test scenarios and can verify against various data sources.
3. Readily anticipates, identifies, and articulates problem areas and solves complex problems and is able to document and track those issues and provide statues.
4. Works with the project team to understand and resolve any issues related to the testing questions or requirements and acts as an advocate for the end user.
5. Works with the Production Support and dev team to resolve any customer issues
6. Leads the team’s efforts in the automation of existing systems.
7. Leads workflows and small team efforts in both a waterfall and agile environment.
8. Effective team player that works closely with developers, project managers and business systems analyst to address project needs, timelines and dependencies
1. 10+ years experience in IT with 5+ of those years in QA with an emphasis on web testing in an agile environment.
2. Works effectively virtually or with virtual team members and lead discussions. Creates visual process flows with supervision.
3. Solid problem-solving skills and written and verbal communication skills.
4. Takes take ownership and accountability and enjoys learning in a dynamic environment. Able to work concurrently on a variety of initiatives and pivot with change.
5. 2+ years experience in QA API testing
6. 5+ years experience in QA, preferably in a Financial Services
7. 5+ years experience with test automation tools (e.g., Selenium, Azure, etc) with an emphasis on C#
8. Experience with a requirements management tools such as Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server/Azure
9. Experience with a defect tracking tool such as Azure
10. Interacts effectively with project team members. Active listener and attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working at a desk at the corporate office in Hurst, TX for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.