LoanMe- Underwriting Manager
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
TITLE: LOAN UNDERWRITING MANAGER
WHY JOIN LOANME?
LoanMe is a remarkable organization committed to the pursuit of becoming an industry leading lender. We have built our future around new and enduring commitments to our employees, customers, brokers, partners and communities. We offer a competitive benefit package including:
* Medical, Dental and Vision coverage-Employee cost paid for by LoanMe
* 401K with generous employer match
* 9 paid Holidays
PURPOSE AND DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
The LoanMe Consumer Underwriting Manager will be responsible for actively managing a team of Underwriters and assessing the overall credit risk of loan transactions through thorough analysis of all loan components for consumer loan applications.
- The Underwriting Manager is responsible for management of consumer and small business underwriting and fraud teams
- The individual ensures timely and consistent turnaround of credit approval requests assigned to the underwriting teams by properly balancing resources and workload
- This is a working manager position; with the expectation this individual will underwrite loans alongside the team as loan volume and staffing needs dictate
- Responsible for the development, evaluation, and performance of underwriting staff, providing coaching and determining specific training/educational needs on an ongoing basis
- Monitors credit quality and performance of the consumer and small business loan portfolios using reporting tools and metrics to provide early warnings of possible deterioration
- Interprets trends from data and reporting tools to adjust underwriting criteria, guidelines, and underwriter judgment when appropriate
- Review all loan components in the consumer loan application to include, but not limited to: completeness, accuracy and integrity, while ensuring that documents are consistent and adhere to company and industry guidelines
- Implement and enforce fraud detection techniques. Request supplemental information/documentation as necessity dictates. Also, forwarding files to the fraud que for review when necessary.
- Be available as a consultant to the loan agents and underwriters to field questions pertaining to new and/or hypothetical loan scenario, underwriting guidelines and documentation requirements.
- Act as a mentor to all staff underwriters in regards to underwriting decisions as well as policy and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills; Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business-related degree
- 5+ years prior management /supervisory experience required
- 5+ years prior credit approval authority prior lending authority experience
- Ability to guide and coach experienced underwriters on larger and more complex credits within the underwriting team
- In-depth knowledge of underwritten consumer and small business loans.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Loan Me is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination and retaliation due to age, race religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Should you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 949-535-7100.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended to be only a general description of the principal requirements common to positions of this type.