Petersburg, VACareer Area: Retail Stores
Job Type: Seasonal
Position Title: Tax Preparer
Department: USST- Company Store
Reports to: Office Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Tax Preparer conducts an in-depth interview with the client to obtain all the required information and material to complete the tax return.
1. Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention
2. Provide exceptional customer service
3. Prepare individual tax returns utilizing the information provided by the clients, and inputting into tax preparation software
4. Other duties as assigned
1. 1+ years of experience required
2. Required PTIN eligibility
3. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
4. Ability to communicate in a professional manner
5. Qualified applicants must be self-starters and computer literate
6. Flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary
7. Attention to detail
8. 3 years previous tax preparation experience/Enrolled Agent (EA)/Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credentials preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working in an office atmosphere assisting clients.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer