Baltimore, MDCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
Position Title: Market Manager
Reports to: Regional Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Market: Baltimore, MD
The Market Manager serves as the primary link between Liberty Tax Service and its franchisee community – as such, the role is leader, influencer and functional expert and builds strong, trusting partnerships with franchisees. This position is responsible for working with franchisees in an assigned market to increase client growth and profitability by consulting with them on how to effectively execute the Liberty Tax operating system.
- Serve as a trusted business advisor to approximately 30-40 franchisees. Accountable for franchisee profitability and driving/leading change for success.
- In partnership with assigned franchisees, diagnose and remove barriers affecting customer experience, store performance and profit, and develop business plans to improve (plans may include store operations, local marketing, staff training, and other areas of focus)
- Know and use our key business metrics to dig into issues and opportunities for each location
- Share best practices across the franchise system and assist franchisees in adopting them.
- Ensure franchisees have completed and implemented all current office & entity level training programs.
- Responsible for facilitating the completion of all operational workflows within assigned market (territory purchases, transfers, expansions, terminations, etc.).
- Responsible for the communication, education and follow up of all new product and process rollouts in their market.
- Conduct on site evaluations and ensure that our standards are consistently met. Ensure franchisees understand the importance of and comply with all operating procedures - develop corrective plans as and when needed – and be very involved with any location that routinely delivers a customer experience inconsistent with the Liberty Tax operating system.
- Gain commitment for correction, and clearly define consequences for non-compliance.
- Provide hands-on training during store visits as needed.
- Conduct resale/relocation/non-renewal/closing visits as required.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, upholding and enforcing standards, policies and contracts.
- Generate and maintain detailed documentation of non-compliance issues, discussions and follow-up actions to support all action taken on any given location. Provide appropriate compliance documentation as required.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by Divisional Vice President and or Regional Director.
- Minimum of 5 years in a field operations-oriented leadership role within the franchise industry or comparable multi-unit retail industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with franchisees with a wide array of personalities and backgrounds. Must have the ability to have tough conversations and manage through any resistance in a collaborate way.
- Ability to plan and set priorities to achieve business objectives. Outstanding accountability and focus skills
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements; strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to initiate, plan, prioritize and organize multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively to various audiences. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is field based with approximately 50% travel (including some overnight trips).
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.