Virginia Beach, VACareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Seasonal
Compliance Paid Internship Opportunity
Liberty Tax Service is looking for Compliance Interns to join our team. The Compliance Intern will work directly with the Director of Compliance, Franchise Compliance Manager, and Compliance Audit Staff on department processes and multiple ongoing projects. This is a seasonal internship position located at our Virginia Beach support center.
The primary responsibilities of the intern will be to:
- Assist with the organization of correspondence with Liberty Tax franchisees and Owned and Operated store personnel regarding related invoice and tax return documents:
- Track responses to system alerts, mystery shops, and on-site compliance reviews
- Follow-up communication with tax offices
- Organize communication and discuss with management
- Help franchisees comply with tax laws, regulations, and company policies:
- Review statistical data and assemble information to be used in various testing programs
- Accumulate and summarize results of testing programs
- Assist in the development of department policies and procedures
- Critical thinking and professional judgment practice:
- Assist management with additional program needs
- Other tax related special projects, as needed
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Strong organizational, documentation, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including: Outlook, Excel and Word
- Rising Junior or Senior year college applicants are encouraged to apply.
Dates of Internship: January 6, 2021-April 16, 2021, minimum – 20 hours a week with additional hours available as needed.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.