Customer Support/ Technical Support Rep.
Virginia Beach, VACareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Seasonal
Liberty Tax Service
Position Title: Customer Support/Technical Support Representative Tier I
Department: Technical Support/JTHF
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area
Language: Bilingual English/Spanish
Technical support representatives work with Liberty Tax’s franchisees via live chat, ticketing system, phone, and remote assistance applications to resolve issues and answer questions in a timely and professional manner. Additionally, this position may be responsible for supervising staff, detecting and analyzing trending technical problems, creating and updating policies, procedures, and knowledge base databases to ensure the maximum quality and timeliness of support services for our franchisees.
- Initial installation and configuration of desktops and peripherals
- Support software and hardware installations, configuration and troubleshooting of workgroup networks, broadband ISP connections, and Liberty Tax Service proprietary applications
- Support various support projects, analyze customer problems, and formulate plans of resolution
- Proactively look for way to improve processes, operations, and the customer experience
- Document incidents thoroughly and accurately
- Willingness to learn new applications
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal, writing, and troubleshooting skills
- High level of customer service and communication skills
- Strong hands-on experience and knowledge of Windows 10
- Strong hands-on experience and knowledge of workgroups and small office networks
- Able to quickly adapt to new workflows and projects
- Customer service experience
- Language requirements, fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to commute to our Hurst, TX office for each shift if necessary
- Capable of working remotely for each shift
- Bring your own Device (BYOD), Windows 10 desktop or laptop, Internet connectivity (X > 10 Mbps) The capacity to establish telephony calls (Software and headsets will be provided)
- Requires working at a desk at the corporate office located in Hurst, TX for periods of time up to eight hours and required flexibility to work remotely when necessary.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.