Experienced Project Manager
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Liberty Tax Service
Position Title: Experienced Project Manager
Department: Information Technology
Status: Contract, Contract to Permanent, Full-Time Permanent
Reports to: PMO Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Hurst, TX
The Experienced Project Manager will be responsible for creating project plans to guide and lead the project team to enable new business capabilities. Accountable for completing the project by delivering on scope, schedule, cost, and quality. They will leas the project execution and delivery by working collaboratively across the business and IT with minimal direction. Should be someone who enjoys learning and working in a dynamic environment and overcoming obstacles to realize project delivery success.
- Create solid project plans to guide and lead the project team.
- Solid project management planning and tracking skills. Reports regularly and accurately on project progress, risks, and issues. Where required also writes user stories and helps structure the analysis work using an agile framework for a clear tie to the project plan based on realizing new business capabilities.
- Overall accountable for the success of assigned projects in terms of meeting scope, schedule, and cost dimensions. Committed to team success and excellence in their work. Including detailed project plans with dependencies and milestones.
- Regularly communicates and tracks project work assignments dependencies and drives progress with the team and business stakeholders.
- Ensures the company’s project management methodology is utilized in the delivery of projects and enhanced accordingly.
- Works with other project team (both business and IT) members to communicate and resolve business related issues.
- Solid understanding of the agile and scrum development process.
- Comfortable with using Azure DevOps.
- Proficient with the MS office suite and comfortable capturing and generating metrics with MS Excel.
- Proven experience with creating effective project plans, dependencies, and critical path activities.
- Creates solid project plans and weekly executive project updates.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and written and verbal communication skills. Works effectively virtually or with virtual team members and lead discussions.
- 4+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Possesses sound judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to lead by influence and interacts effectively with project team members
- Comfortable using video conferencing to collaborate and generate results when working remote
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience with tax services and financial products is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies and using azure DevOps is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working at a desk at the corporate office for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.