Business Systems Analyst
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Position Title: Business Systems Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Status: Contract, Contract-to-Permanent, or Full Time Permanent
Reports to: BA Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Hurst, TX
S/he is responsible for business partner/customer engagement and ensures that project requirements are documented and communicated to the stakeholders and development teams. Communicates frequently with both technical and business personnel to drive progress on requirement specification and realization.
They are committed to team success and excellence in their work. Enjoys driving solution implementations and working with project team members using Agile and iteration based-SDLC methodologies.
- Able to analyze current system and process changes needed to realize new business requirements.
- A proven track record for delivering project requirements from ideation to testing scenarios.
- Committed to team success and excellence in their work product, including detailed requirements and updated process flows.
- Able to quantify change controls in terms of changes to systems and current processes.
- Effective team player that works closely with developers, project managers, and quality assurance to address project needs, timelines, and dependencies.
- Works with other IT members to communicate and resolve business related issues.
- Contributes to requirements development sessions and captures key decisions at varying levels of the organizations.
- Solid understanding of the agile and scrum development process.
- Uses expertise to diplomatically share own opinion and drive collaboration.
- Comfortable working with a wide range of personalities and work styles.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience with tax services and financial products is a plus.
- Experience with agile methodologies and using Azure DevOps is preferred.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of requirements analysis and design.
- Works effectively virtually or with virtual team members and lead discussions. Creates visual process flows and supervision.
- Solid problem-solving skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Takes ownership and accountability and enjoys learning in a dynamic environment. Able to work concurrently on a variety of initiatives and pivot with change.
- 4+ years’ experience in the field or in a related area. Possesses sound judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Interacts effectively with project team members. Active listener and attention to detail.
- Comfortable using video conferencing to collaborate and generate results when working remote.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working remotely or at a desk at the corporate office for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.