Franchise Compliance Auditor
Virginia Beach, VACareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
Position Title: Compliance – Franchise Compliance Auditor
Department: Dept 94 - Compliance
Status: Full time and Seasonal Positions Available
Location: At our corporate support center or remote
Reports to: Vice President of Compliance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Franchise Compliance Auditor will work directly with the Vice President of Compliance on multiple ongoing projects. This position is integral to help identify unusual tax and operational activity in our tax offices, test compliance with policies and regulatory requirements and help improve the overall operations of our tax offices. The position will perform analytical and investigative services working directly with compliance staff, legal counsel, operations and the Executive team.
- Assist in the process to identify unusual, incorrect or suspicious tax returns including:
- Maintain system to alert offices of unusual activity
- Track responses to alerts
- Document findings and communicate findings with franchisees and area developers
- Report results to appropriate departments and upper management
- Recommend improvements to the process
- Assist in the process to monitor franchisees compliance with certain laws, regulations and company policies:
- Selection of offices to be reviewed using risk based criteria
- Monitor compliance with IRS rules pertaining to the filing of personal income tax returns; including, but not limited to, returns reporting:
- W-2 income
- Schedule C business income
- Schedule A credits
- Household help income
- Head of Household filing status
- Refundable Education, Earned Income Tax and Additional Child tax credits
- Monitor franchisee issues communicated through the Corporate Issue Tracker system and department email system.
- Work with compliance staff to coordinate on-site franchise office reviews:
- Assemble information to be used in office reviews
- Analyze the collected data after the review
- Communicate the results of the review to the franchisee
- Cultivate and maintain a positive, productive, and professional relationships with staff, colleagues, franchisees and area developers.
- Oher duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree. CPA, EA, CFE, and/or CIA, preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience to unravel the puzzles, collect and document evidence
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
- Ability to initiate ideas and direct the implementation of new processes
- Knowledge of SQL is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working at a desk at the corporate office, or remotely, for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.