Vice President of Human Resources
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
Position Title: Vice President of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization's HR operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees under company policy.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization's long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization's human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization's success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization's staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with HRIS and ATS systems (ADP Workforce Now preferred)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree highly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with mergers & acquisitions.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is strongly preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working at a desk at the corporate office for periods of time up to eight hours. Some travel may be required.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.