Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Seasonal
Position Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: Manager of Tax Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Perform bookkeeping functions on Liberty Tax client files
- Provide bookkeeping support for Liberty Tax franchisees performing bookkeeping functions in their offices.
Additional Position Responsibilities (optional)
- Provide support for the Tax Support team with regard to tax returns using communication methods to include inbound and outbound calls and the Liberty Tax ticketing system.
- Follow in-house procedures and escalation processes for customer issues.
- Document issues thoroughly and accurately with information and resolutions.
- Communicate high-impact issues to supervisors.
- Complete projects in a timely manner as assigned by the Manager of Tax Support.
- Working knowledge of Windows software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong customer service and people skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly structured environment with the ability to multitask.
- Experience with Xero bookkeeping software (preferred)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position requires working at a desk and wearing a communication device (headset) for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax is an equal opportunity employer.