Tax Support Representative
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Seasonal
Position Title: Tax Support Representative
Department: Tax Support
Reports to: Manager of Tax Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide tax support for Liberty Tax franchisees and tax preparers through various communication methods to resolve customer issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide tax support for individual and business tax returns using communication methods to include inbound and outbound calls, and the Liberty Tax ticketing system.
• Analyze and research customer issues and formulate a plan of resolution.
• Follow in-house procedures and escalation processes for customer issues.
• Document issues thoroughly and accurately with information and resolutions.
• Communicate high-impact issues to supervisors.
• Complete projects in a timely manner as assigned by the Manager of Tax Support.
• Working knowledge of Windows software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong customer service and people skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly structured environment with the ability to multitask.
• Experience in taxation and/or accounting or tax preparation (preferred)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position requires working at a desk and wearing a communication device (headset) for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax is an equal opportunity employer.