Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
Position Title: Enrolled Agent
Department: Tax Support
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Enrolled Agent will act as a tax specialist within the organization and will be responsible for being the subject matter expert (SME) on a variety of federal and state tax issues.
• As an Enrolled Agent and member of our Advanced Support team, you can expect to handle escalated tax issues for Liberty Tax franchisees and tax preparers.
• You will be expected to respond in a timely manner to escalated tax questions received by telephone and/or the Liberty Tax ticketing system, ensuring the department minimizes response times and meets service level goals.
• Secondarily, you will assist with Support and Training department projects.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) preferred but are open to people who have had 5+ years of experience in the tax industry who are willing to commit to becoming an EA within a prescribed timeframe.
• Experience with tax preparation software.
• Some experience preparing state and/or business returns.
• Ability and/or experience with tax instruction is a plus.
• Ability to work within the pressures of tax filing seasons and operate within tight deadlines.
Train individuals to function in specialized roles.
Experience with Drake Tax (preferred), MS Office Suite (Word and Excel, PowerPoint is a plus)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position requires working at a desk and wearing a communication device (headset) at the corporate office for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax is an equal opportunity employer