Senior Internal Auditor
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
Liberty Tax Service
Senior Internal Auditor
Liberty Tax Service, an international tax franchise company, needs an experienced, self-motivated Senior Internal Auditor. This position would report to the Director of Internal Audit and conduct, document, and report findings on moderately complex audit projects, including financial and operational audits and special purpose reviews to determine the reliability, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial reporting, the efficiency and effectiveness of management operating and control systems, and the extent of compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position can be a gateway into other departments as we support and encourage our staff to experience all aspects of the company.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Internal Auditor responsibilities include the following key process/functions/duties:
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley by:
- Reviewing the Company’s internal controls and business processes
- Facilitating the adoption of Corporate Governance policies and procedures
- Design, plan, manage and execute audits to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational controls, the reliability and accuracy of data and information systems, and the adequacy of controls over segregation of duties, safeguarding of assets and corporate governance.
- Prepare audit reports and work with management to develop cost effective recommendations for improvements and modifications of procedures and internal controls.
- Lead the presentation and review of audit findings with key members of management.
- Analyze actions initiated or proposed in response to audit recommendations.
- Monitor the completion of corrective actions and, as necessary, advise management of non-compliance.
- Participate in an annual risk assessment to help develop the risk assessment and annual audit plan.
- Prepare and execute annual and long-term risk-based audit plans.
- Complete other special projects (i.e., financial analysis, special reviews, system implementations etc.), as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree
- 5+ years of audit experience with 1-3 years of SOX audit experience, some public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA and/or CIA, preferred, but not required.
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessment, planning, scheduling, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, a must.
- Ability to initiate ideas and direct the implementation of new processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax is an equal opportunity employer.