Seasonal Franchise Compliance Auditor
Virginia Beach, VACareer Area: Corporate
Position Title: Compliance – Franchise Compliance Auditor
Department: Dept 94 - Compliance
Status: Full Time - Seasonal
Reports to: Franchise Compliance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Franchise Compliance Auditor will work directly with the Franchise Compliance Manager and Director of Compliance to review individual tax returns prior to transmission to the IRS. This position is integral to help identify unusual tax practices in our tax offices, test compliance with Liberty Tax policies and procedures, the Internal Revenue Service and state statutes, rules and regulations. The position will perform analytical and investigative services working directly with compliance staff.
- Assist in the process to monitor franchisee and corporate owned store tax compliance with the IRS, Liberty Tax policies and procedures and federal and state tax statutes,
- Perform review of individual tax returns, to monitor compliance with IRS regulations pertaining to the filing of personal income tax returns; including, but not limited to, returns reporting:
- W-2 income
- Schedule C business income and expense
- Schedule A deductions
- Household help income
- Head of Household filing status
- Refundable Education, Earned Income Tax and Additional Child tax credits
- Re-signature of tax returns
- Communicate findings with franchisees and corporate owned store personnel
- Report results to appropriate departments and upper management
- Assist in the monitoring of franchisee issues communicated through the Corporate Issue Tracker system and department email.
- Cultivate and maintain a positive, productive, and professional relationship with staff, colleagues, and franchisees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of IRS regulations pertaining to the Earned Income Tax Credit and preparer Due Diligence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Excel, and Word
- CPA or EA certification preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Position requires working at a desk at the Virginia Beach office for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.