Human Resources Assistant
Hurst, TXCareer Area: Corporate
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The HR department is recruiting for a self-motivated Human Resources Assistant. This position would report to the Human Resources Manager and assist with the day to-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The Human Resources Assistant, is the primary administrator for data in the HRIS system, is the primary front-line support person to the company stores via email and phone communication, performs department filing, and other administrative support of the HR team. The Human Resources Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes results and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Processing new hire forms, status/pay change forms and assisting with HRIS payroll system
- Maintaining adequate position inventory
- Completing employment verifications as required
- Updating HR information on internal website as required
- Compensation and benefits administration support and recordkeeping support
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in HR or related field preferred
- 1+ years of demonstrated work experience in Human Resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail and a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and team members; must be able to maintain confidential data and communication
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and within a team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Position requires working at a desk at the corporate office for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.