Virginia Beach, VACareer Area: Corporate
US - VA - Virginia Beach
The Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the legal department of a franchise company on various transactional and litigation matters.
· Draft template documents
· Handle various transactional matters including, but not limited to, franchise deal closings, renewals, terminations, corporate filings and other legal matters
· Assist lawyers with preparation of complex legal documents, production of documents and trial preparation as needed
· Draft correspondence and court filings
· Provide administrative support
· Other duties as assigned
· 2+ years of experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm or in-house environment
· Ability to navigate PACER and other court filing software is required
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and within a team in high pressure situations
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.