Lapeer, MICareer Area: Retail Stores
Job Type: Seasonal
Liberty Tax Service
Position Title: Tax Preparer
Department: USST- Company Store
Reports to: Office Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt.
The Tax Preparer conducts an in-depth interview with the client to obtain all the required information and material to complete the tax return.
- Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Fulfills ongoing training and testing requirements, as required
- Implements client-oriented product initiatives approved by corporate
- Ensures office is clean, organized, and in compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- PTIN eligibility, required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Computer proficient and a familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Qualified applicants must be self-starters and computer literate
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Attention to detail
- Sales experience is a plus
- 3 years previous tax preparation experience/Enrolled Agent (EA)/Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred
- Semi-retired & bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working in an office atmosphere assisting clients.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer