Sherman, TXCareer Area: Retail Stores
Liberty Tax Service
Position Title: Office Supervisor
Department: USST-Company Stores
Reports to: District Manager of Company Stores
FLSA Status: Non-exempt.
Office Supervisors are responsible for overseeing daily operations of a specific retail tax location. This position manages store employees and is responsible to meet business objectives as set by the corporate office.
- Manage office staffing (recruit & train), operations, customer relations, and logistics for offices
- Create associate work schedules and work with the DM to ensure accurate timekeeping as well as labor management
- Execute approved Marketing campaigns
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with clients
- Ensure client receives exceptional customer service
- Generate and transmit daily operational reports
- Fulfills ongoing tax training and testing requirements, as required
- Implements client-oriented product initiatives approved by corporate first-hand and via training associates
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with DM to resolve associate issues and address performance concerns
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to office associates
- Ensures office is clean, organized, and in compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills
- Ability to delegate and provide coaching
- Ability to grow and develop associates in a fast-paced business environment
- Computer proficient and a familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and within a team
- Flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary
- Active PTIN required
- Sales Experience is a plus, as is language ability
- Minimum 3 years previous tax preparation experience required or Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credentials
- Semi-retired & bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working in an office atmosphere and supervising office employees (Tax Preparers, Costume Wavers, and Office Employees).
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.