Virginia Beach, VACareer Area: Corporate
Job Type: Full Time
Liberty Tax is a leader in the tax preparation industry and is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join its in-house legal team. As a Corporate Paralegal, you will support the legal department in the delivery of quality legal services and you will be responsible for assisting the legal department on all day-to-day corporate and commercial matters, including, but not limited to, various transactional and litigation matters. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of corporate legal matters and need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly evolving environment. You’ll also need to have excellent problem-solving skills, meticulous organizational ability, and attention to detail while being passionate about interacting and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and counseling across geographies, cultures, and functions. You’ll need to be accurate, concise, and thorough in your written and verbal communication skills, as well as persuasive. You’ll also need to be interested in Liberty Tax’s business, story, culture, and growth strategy.
· Draft template documents
· Handle various transactional matters including, but not limited to, franchise deal closings, renewals, terminations, corporate filings and other legal matters
· Assist lawyers with preparation of complex legal documents, production of documents and trial preparation as needed
· Draft correspondence and court filings
· Provide administrative support
· Other duties as assigned
· Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or other relevant combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 2+ years of experience working as a paralegal in a law firm or in-house environment.
· Ability to navigate PACER and other court filing software is required.
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and within a team in high pressure situations.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Westlaw.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.